The 5th Annual Forks and Corks
Everyone loves savory food, craft beer, and distinguished wines! As we prepare for the 5TH ANNUAL LOCAL SAVOR – LOCAL SAVOR on June 6th, we want you to be a part of this successful community event. This event focuses on restaurants, breweries, wineries, and food & beverage related businesses in our region. While this is open to all businesses in our area, there is no vendor fee for Cherokee County Chamber Members to showcase their culinary, brewing or wine-making expertise with priority booth placement.
FORKS & CORKS - LOCAL SAVOR provides an opportunity for new and established food & beverage businesses to share the best of our local flavor to an eclectic mix of locals and tourists. You can visit us at the Welcome Center to purchase your tickets for June 6th at 5:30-7:30pm at The Hackney Warehouse in Downtown Murphy. We’re open Monday - Friday, 9:00-5:00 and Saturday 10:00-3:00.
If you’re already sponsoring this event, a huge thank you for your continued support and investment in Cherokee County. If you would love to take advantage of radio, social media, newspaper, and advertising throughout the community and to the 350 guests at Forks & Corks - Local Savor, please complete the attached sponsorship form or call us for more information.
As a respected member of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce, you can assist us by encouraging food & beverage businesses to participate in the event. In addition, you could donate a good or service for our silent "brown bag" auction. There truly is an opportunity for all Chamber Members to be a part of this seasoned event. As always, we ask you to share the event on social media and join us at the event to place your vote for the Best Food Vendor and Best Beverage Vendor!
We are truly grateful for all of our sponsors and thank you in advance for all of the continued support of this and all Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce events!
Applications and Rules
- There will be no vendor fee for vendors who are members of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce.
- There will be a vendor fee of $125.00 for any vendor who is not a member in good standing of the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce.
- The Chamber will sell tickets to guests for $25.00 in advance or $30 at the door.
It is the responsibility of each vendor to follow all Cherokee County Health Department food safety guidelines.
Each vendor will provide the following:
- A minimum of 300 tastes (you may bring more if you choose)
- The appropriate serving product/utensil for your taste (i.e. napkin, small cup, toothpick, fork, spoon, small tray)
- Equipment to keep your tastes at the appropriate temperature to comply with Cherokee County Health Department requirements
- A six foot table and if desired up to two chairs
- Table cloths and table decor for your table (have some fun!)
- A sign identifying your business (Nothing may be attached, nailed, taped, stapled, etc. to walls)
- Power cords/surge protectors as needed
- Staff needed to serve your tastes
Tickets will be pre-sold, so in order to insure that the late-comers who pre-purchased a ticket will have an enjoyable time, all vendors are required to keep their booth open until the close of the event at 8:00—even if you have run out of “tastes” and are only “serving” smiles and promotional materials.
- Please clean your area prior to leaving.
- Documentation showing vendor’s worker’s compensation coverage, if applicable, must be submitted to Chamber by May 21, 2018. (Required by Venue)
- We ask (but do not require) that each vendor provide an item for the Chamber to raffle. This can be a gift certificate from your business, a bottle of wine or any other item of your choosing.
- Each vendor will be assigned a 10 foot by 10 foot area. All place assignments are final.
- Each vendor may sell gift certificates for their restaurant or unopened bottles, in the case of beverage vendors. Any sales tax will be the responsibility of the vendor making the sale.
- Vendors may distribute literature, menus or other promotional material about their business.
- A Health Department-required Sanitation Station will be available on the premises.
- The Chamber will provide music and will otherwise insure that this is a fun and enjoyable event for guests.
- A group photo of participating vendors will take place at 8:10 p.m.
- The People’s Choice Award (determined by ticket holders) and the Presentation Award (determined by Chamber volunteers) will be presented within one week after the event.